Cultivate Creative Minds with Roots + Wings School of Art and Design!
Do you believe the world needs innovators? Do you have a love for art, design, science, technology and education? If so, please take a look at our current employment opportunities!
We are currently accepting applications for a number of positions. Each of these positions requires a candidate that is energetic, captivating and creative, fulfilling the Roots + Wings’ mission to engage students in academics, critical thinking and innovation through principles of art and design, community enrichment, culture and movement.
INTERNSHIPS / VOLUNTEER WORK
Click here for information on opportunities...
PRESCHOOL AND AFTER-SCHOOL CDL SUBSTITUTES
The substitute instructor is responsible for maintaining a fun, safe and orderly environment while exploring and creating with our students daily. Keep in mind: We have definitely seen sub positions lead to permanent opportunities...
- Experience in education programs, family learning, or informal education, and the ability to engage with families in a hands-on, child-centered, and open ended manner helpful
- Proficiency with art and design tools and processes (painting, printmaking, drawing, sculpture, and beyond) preferred
- Must be able to engage young people and set structure and limits in a group setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to react positively to a rapidly changing environment and make good decisions under pressure
- Ability to interact positively with diverse staff and visitors
- Must complete CPR + First Aid Certification
- Must complete a Criminal Background Check
- Opportunities for teaching with other R+W programs may become available, depending on experience.
Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch. Feel free to follow up with an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with references and/or your resume. Thank you!
Roots + Wings was founded to celebrate diversity, inclusivity, empathy, equality and kindness.
At Roots + Wings, we welcome people of all race, color, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and abilities, and are committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Any offer of employment is contingent upon receiving satisfactory references and approval of hire by applicable regulatory bodies, as appropriate. Falsification or omission of relevant information in connection with any application for employment is grounds for denial or dismissal.
Roots + Wings is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employer (EOE).