Internships + Volunteers
At Roots + Wings School of Art and Design we value the opportunity to help guide and inspire other artists and educators. We have unique opportunities to join our team for the school year (1 or 2 semesters) and the summer! We welcome high school, college or post-graduates to join our team for the following seasons:
We have numerous learning goals for all of our internships:
- Interns will have opportunities to learn different classroom management techniques for groups of 12-16 kids ranging in age from 3 through 17.
- Interns will have opportunities to learn how to plan and practice implementation of art and design lessons for various ages.
- Interns will have opportunities to learn about marketing and promotion of a successful school serving over 300 students each summer.
- Interns will have opportunities to learn about the variety of materials, material storage, and classroom design that promotes a successful learning environment.
- Interns will have opportunities to learn how to brainstorm ideas and future goals directly with the founder of the school.
Summer Interns have the opportunity to work hands on with children ages 3 - 17 during our Summer Creativity Camps. To work with us to receive college credit, we ask for a 3 week minimum commitment.
School year internships
We have many programs that run during the school year that offer valuable experiences for interns. We offer internships for both our Visual Arts Preschool and After-school Community Design Lab programs. We ask for a semester (12-week) minimum commitment.
We also welcome folks from the community to join us for a volunteer experience! We have many opportunities throughout the year. Jump on our volunteer list and we can call on you when special events come about, or call us up when you have an open day! We look forward to working with you!
Connect with us below to ask questions or set up a time to meet: